Henderson NV Relocation is on in Full Force – Buyers are flocking in from all over, but especially from California. Here’s Lauren’s Take on Why. And Travis’ Blog Below.
by Travis Scholl, Henderson Luxury Real Estate Agent & Anthem Resident & Native Las Vegan
Located in the Southern Part of the Valley just South of Las Vegas is the City of Henderson. Henderson is the only “Full Service” City in Southern Nevada due to it having it’s own Police Department, Fire, Water and Sewer Services. Now serving more than 310,00 Residents Henderson is known as “A Place to Call Home”.
1. One of the most attractive reasons people move here is the favorable Tax structure and relatively low cost of living. There is No State Income Tax, No Corporate Tax, No Inheritance Tax, Estate and/or Gift Tax and Property Taxes are low. The current Sales Tax is 8.25% with many of the local businesses offering reward programs and incentives for valued customers living in the area.
Real Estate prices are very reasonable for West Coast living with the current Median Home price at $327,000 as of February 2019. There has been an increase in New Home Development with a focus of Modern Design and Technology Integration into the Homes to accommodate the needs of today’s Home Buyer.
2. Weather and Climate in Henderson is favorable to many people as the Winters are mild and the Summers are Warm and Dry. Although we do get rather Hot in the peak Summer Months the Humidity is almost non-existent and there is always a Casino / Resort with plenty of Cool Air Conditioning to grab a Drink and enjoy various Entertainment options.
3. Shopping is plentiful in the Henderson area and the District at Green Valley Ranch has open-air store front access to some great Shops, Bars and Restaurants for all. The Galleria at Sunset is a Full-Scale Mall with Flagship Department Stores and Speciality shops where consumers can find just about anything they have in mind. The Galleria recently underwent a major renovation which added a bunch of new and exciting Restaurants. Lake Las Vegas and Water Street in Downtown Henderson also have added some new Stores and even a Brewery to keep people coming into the Historic sections of the City.
4. Parks and Recreation in Henderson is a Big Deal for Hiking and Bicycle enthusiasts alike. With more than 69 Public Parks and 180 miles of Trails Henderson is Nationally Recognized for it’s access to the outdoors via the beautiful outdoor Parks and Recreation opportunities. Henderson also is home to the Multigenerational Facility on Green Valley Parkway which houses on of the 11 Aquatic Facilities for those who like to Swim. The Henderson Multi-Gen Center also has the Largest Outdoor Theater in Nevada, a Library and sits adjacent to the Henderson Police Department.
5. With 26 Public Elementary Schools, 9 Junior High and another 9 High Schools many Families choose Henderson due to the quality schools in the area. Many of the Schools located in the Seven Hills / Anthem / Inspirada communities are ranked as the best in Nevada and the Nevada State College offers a variety of excellent options for post graduates with a low tuition and flexible schedule that can be very attractive to those now in the work force still wanting to further their education.
6. The Henderson Executive Airport located on Executive Airport Drive between St. Rose and Volunteer Ave is a $30 million dollar Premier Aviation Facility that serves as a reliever Airport.
Henderson Executive Airport has Private Hangers for those who own their own Aircraft and mainly serves for passengers flying private jets / planes. There is also a Flight School on-site.
7. Henderson is Home to the newest, most advanced Hospital in the Valley near the Tuscany community off of Lake Mead Drive as well as Dignity Health Hospital (Rose de Lima) and a New ER
Facility on the corner of St.Rose Parkway just off the 215 freeway. Henderson is Nationally recognized for Award-Winning Health Care that is advantageous to many of the 55+ Residents in the Age Restricted Communities that occupy both MacDonald Ranch and Anthem alike.
8. For Golf Enthusiasts Henderson is a Paradise of both Public and Private Courses that span the Rolling Hillsides and Scenic topography of Communities such as Seven Hills, Anthem Country Club, MacDonald Highlands and Lake Las Vegas. Some of the notable courses are DragonRidge, South Shore, Legacy, Rio Secco and Reflection Bay Golf Club at Lake Las Vegas. The courses at Lake Las Vegas were closed for a period of time but have now re-opened and are thriving along with home sales and the beauty of the Lake and all the recreation it provides.
Many of the local Casinos, Restaurants, and locally owned businesses are what make Henderson so special, I encourage anyone curious about the area to rent a car and drive around the city to get a feel for it. Henderson although being only 20 min from the Hustle & Bustle of the Las Vegas Strip still is a City that has Small Town Values and Atmosphere.
We Love Living in Henderson NV and We Think You will too ! Below are Current MLS listings for Henderson homes in gated communities.